"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far it is possible to go."

Sunday, March 2, 2014

One lesson we learnt so far in CID

There are actually many lessons I have learnt so far. However , one lesson that left a deep impression on me is the lesson on poverty. Although I knew that there are unfortunate people in Singapore , but I never imagined that the situation of them is so bad. Singapore , being a first-world country , why are there still so many unfortunate people when there are so many people in Singapore who are fortunate enough to help? Thanks to the CID lesson , I now have a clearer picture and understanding of poverty in Singapore. I hope that in the future I will have the ability to help the unfortunate people.
Elyn ( 4 ) 2H


There are a lot of exciting and interesting lessons I learnt in CID. However, the most interesting lesson that left a huge impact on me is the lesson on poverty. Especially after googling at home about poverty in Singapore, I didnt know that so many people were so poor in Singapore and many of them still cannot survive with government subsidies, due to the high cost of living in Singapore. It was an eye-opening lesson and I learnt to observe things around me more carefully. I hope one day the people staying in poverty can be helped more by the governement.
Foo Wen Hao(25) 2H


Like many of my other classmates, I have gained knowledge through the CID lessons. One of the lessons that I have learnt and benefited from it would be preparing for presentations. Not only had I listened to the lectures, but I also had collated some presentation tips from the comments of the teacher on other groups' presentation performances. Some tips include interacting with the audience, being fluent, being loud & clear, having eye-contact, etc. One of the tips that I was not familiar was that we have to open our mouths wide when we present, so that our pronunciation is clearer and our voice is louder. I think this tip has helped me during the presentation on Chingay parade. At the same time, I look forward to learning new stuff during CID lessons.
Yati (3) 2H


the CID lesson is very interesting,this lesson makes me feel like know more about the world and Singapore.the most interesting lesson is when the teacher showed us two picture,they have represented two different ways of begging.at first,we choose the picture with a woman carrying a baby,if this really happened on me,i think i will give them money.but when the result come out,we find out that the woman might be belong to a group which there are lot of people inside,they will prevent to be very poor and after they have received the money from the people,they will give them to their boss.if i have never attend the CID lesson,i will never know about those things.so i think that CID lesson is very fun,and i have learnt a lot from it!
yanghuanyu (19) 2H


CID lessons have been very interesting so far. We have learnt some presentation tips from my classmates presentation like interaction with audience, being loud to attract attention, etc. to present well, we must practice and memorise our script, as keep referring to our scripts would just not be able to fully attract the audiences attention. The most important thing : we have to be confident. If we ourselves think we already cannot do well for a presentation, how are we even able to do well with a negative thought ? Therefore, just be confident and think that you can do it and naturally you would speak better and your ideas are conveyed easier :D
Kah Leong (22)


No comments:

Post a Comment