In the whole course of Chingay presentations, I learnt that it is important to have good presentation skills. I would like to highlight two of the skills. One of the skills is the eye contact. Most of my classmates, and sometimes me myself, will be too glued to the script or the Personal Leaving Device. It is very monotonous to listen to 1 hour of presentations when nobody is looking at you, therefore making the audience feel they they are very disconnected from the presentation. As I lack this skill too, therefore I would try to maintain eye contact in the next presentations. The other thing I think we lack is the fun element in the presentations. The whole presentation it was a very solemn and 'dead' task where we just droned on and on with little jokes. Jokes are an important element in sustaining interest in audiences when making presentations and make them having the zeal to know more. Therefore, these are the two presentation skills we lack and I hope we can improve on it.
-Wen Hao(25)
No comments:
Post a Comment