The year-end holidays is a great time for me to relax and I felt that this 8 weeks is well-spent. I played a game called Clash Of Clans which is very different from all the other games i played as i preferred airplane and car games. I will like the airplane flight when we go for OELP. Also, I went to Malaysia and took a break from the hectic city life in Singapore. The most remarkable food i had is the traditional kaya toast, which is a rare find in Singapore. The bread is soft and the kaya filling is sweet and concentrated, making it very nice to munch on. I also had alot of seafood which has its unique taste compared to Singapore. The seafood is live catch and I had a unique dinner on a small island off west Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Back in Singapore in mid-December, I faced the last exam in the whole year. It was a UG promotion test (NPCC) and if I was promoted, i will be promoted from Cadet (private-equivalent) to Lance-Corporal. I studied very hard for 4 consecutive days and my efforts paid off. I did well in the promotion, with the promoted status to be confirmed later this month.
Yours sincerely,
Wen Hao
Kah Leong (22) of 2H here!
It wasn't really a school holiday for me as I had to go back to school quite frequently. There were a lot of training to prepare us for the C division matches later this year. We had to come back school on alternate days and went out for a lot of friendly matches to see if we have improved. Using the results of the friendly match, we found out one another's weaknesses in the team and helped one another . The training continued all the way until the start of December when we finally got our break and need not go back school. I stayed at home to play computer games to kill time and often go out to play basketball with my friends too so our fitness would not drop through the holidays and have to train them back again when school reopened. It was quite fun being able to hang out with friends during the holidays as normally people would want to rest at home during the holidays or go overseas although we did started to dislike going school even though it was the holidays after a while . I hope our efforts were worth it .
It wasn't really a school holiday for me as I had to go back to school quite frequently. There were a lot of training to prepare us for the C division matches later this year. We had to come back school on alternate days and went out for a lot of friendly matches to see if we have improved. Using the results of the friendly match, we found out one another's weaknesses in the team and helped one another . The training continued all the way until the start of December when we finally got our break and need not go back school. I stayed at home to play computer games to kill time and often go out to play basketball with my friends too so our fitness would not drop through the holidays and have to train them back again when school reopened. It was quite fun being able to hang out with friends during the holidays as normally people would want to rest at home during the holidays or go overseas although we did started to dislike going school even though it was the holidays after a while . I hope our efforts were worth it .
Elyn Zhao ( 4 ) 2H
Basically , I spent my holidays at home , watching TV , watching korean shows on my iPad , just doing all sorts of boring stuff at home. I only went out when I had something to buy , or when I had to go to school. I did not go overseas during the holidays. When I went to school , it was always because I had CCA. I always grumbled when I had to go to school for CCA , as I found that it was really boring and a waste of time.
Looking back , I should have went overseas during the holidays , as now , thinking back , my holidays were actually quite wasted , as all I did was stay at home and did not do any interesting things at all. I also did not go out with my primary school friends to catch up with them , which is a pity. I also regret a little doing my homework at the last minute and not near the start of the holidays , as I spent the last few days of my holiday freaking out about the homework.
At the next long holiday , I would totally plan what I want to do beforehand , and not waste my holidays like this time again.
Eaint Yati Oo (3) 2H
During the holidays, I spent most of my time at home, getting enough sleep, and watching Youtube videos and movies. I did two types of VIA activities during holidays. One of them was to be a volunteer at a Home for the Aged, where my Girl Guides CCA mates and I decorated a wall at the Home. We had a lot of fun and bonded as we spent time together. The other VIA activity was Chingay VIA which took place at the school. The work I did was cutting the clothes into strings, crocheting them and linking them up. This VIA activity was beneficial to me because it taught me a skill of crocheting.
I also went back school to practise dance with my CCA mates for ROD which is a graduation & farewell party for our Year-Four seniors. We met up for a few days for dance practice and preparing gifts for the seniors. On the ROD day itself at school, I saw many stunning performances put up by different levels. I'm grateful for the efforts that my seniors put into Girl Guides all these years. I also had a first barbecue party with my CCA mates. It was a fun experience and a great time to interact with them.
On weekends and public holidays, my family and I went out together to places like malls, parks and beaches. We visited our friends' houses as well. Lastly, I did my holiday homework and assignments during last three weeks of the holidays. During the holidays, I had so many activities but they were all enriching. I had enough rest after the school for 2013. I hope 2014 will be a fulfilling and enriching year like 2013.
Eaint Yati Oo (3) 2H
During the holidays, I spent most of my time at home, getting enough sleep, and watching Youtube videos and movies. I did two types of VIA activities during holidays. One of them was to be a volunteer at a Home for the Aged, where my Girl Guides CCA mates and I decorated a wall at the Home. We had a lot of fun and bonded as we spent time together. The other VIA activity was Chingay VIA which took place at the school. The work I did was cutting the clothes into strings, crocheting them and linking them up. This VIA activity was beneficial to me because it taught me a skill of crocheting.
I also went back school to practise dance with my CCA mates for ROD which is a graduation & farewell party for our Year-Four seniors. We met up for a few days for dance practice and preparing gifts for the seniors. On the ROD day itself at school, I saw many stunning performances put up by different levels. I'm grateful for the efforts that my seniors put into Girl Guides all these years. I also had a first barbecue party with my CCA mates. It was a fun experience and a great time to interact with them.
On weekends and public holidays, my family and I went out together to places like malls, parks and beaches. We visited our friends' houses as well. Lastly, I did my holiday homework and assignments during last three weeks of the holidays. During the holidays, I had so many activities but they were all enriching. I had enough rest after the school for 2013. I hope 2014 will be a fulfilling and enriching year like 2013.
Yang huanyu 19 2H
For the last year's December holiday,I went back to China on the 20th November,maybe I should have a lot of fun since I'm in home,but actually most of my time in China was doing my homework and having tuitions.
In the holiday, I hanging out with my friends for only one time,which is sad because we do not meet each other frequently since we are studying in the different countries but we did have fun.we were having lunch together and talking about the stupid things we have done,and then we laughed together,after that we went to the biggest book shop,however the only thing we did there is not buying any books because we did not bring enough money but to comment about titles of the books.
When I was recalling my holiday,I find it is kind of dull and I think I should not spend too much time on doing homework or having tuitions,but to meet my friends more or going out with my parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment